Date: 3 October 2022
- BetaCarbon Pty Ltd (ABN 26 649 985 759), operating under the business name “BetaCarbon”, and its associated entities and any related bodies corporate (hereinafter referred to as 'us' 'we' or 'our'), are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Collection of Personal Information
What information is collected
- Personal information means information which identifies you personally, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained. We may collect personal information about you in order to facilitate your use our Platform and to provide you with our Services.
- We may collect the following types of personal information:
a. Email address;
b. Information about your transactions;
c. Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
How we collect this information from you
- We may collect this information when you:
a. Interact with our websites, services and content related to the Offset to Earn product.
Why we collect this information from you
- We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
a. to enable you to access and use our Platform and services.
b. to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
c. to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
Storage of Personal Information
- We take all reasonable steps (including the employment of appropriate security systems and procedures) to ensure all data held by us is safe and secure. Such security measures include physical protection and electronic encryption to prevent any unauthorised access.
- However, we cannot guarantee the secure transmission of data over the Internet nor complete safety of electronic storage. As such, we request that you understand the responsibility to independently take safety precautions to protect your own personal information.
- If you suspect that your personal information has been compromised, especially account and/or password information, please lock your account and submit a customer support ticket immediately.
Disclosure of personal information
a. Our employees and agents;
b. Third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
c. Other entities, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Accessing or Amending Personal Information
- We respect your privacy and will provide you with reasonable access to the personal information you have provided to us through your use of our services. If we hold personal information about you that is not accurate, complete or up to date, you may request us to change that information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time, usually within 14 days. Please note that we may need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
- Personal information provided by you must not be false or misleading. We assume that the information you provide to us is accurate and will be updated when the relevant personal information changes.
- We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 10 business days of receipt. If unresolved, the complaint may be referred to an external complaints resolution entity and finally, if necessary, taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- To make a complaint, or to access or correct your personal information, please contact us by submitting a support ticket.
- "Account" means the account that we have created to enable you to use the Platform.
- “AML-CTF Policy” means the Anti Money Laundering - Counter Terrorism Financing Policy that we have available on our Website from time to time.
- "API" means an application programming interface, which is made available by us from time to time.
- "App" means a mobile application made available by us that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or any other app store or market from time to time.
- "Entity" means one of the following:
a. a proprietary company;
b. an unlisted public company;
c. a listed public company;
d. a trust;
e. a partnership;
f. an association; or
g. a cooperative.
- "Platform" means the Website, App or other API owned by BetaCarbon Pty Ltd and made available by us from time to time for the purpose of interacting with the Offset to Earn product
- "Services" means:
a. Voting on provided climate projects
b. any other services that are incidental to any of the above services.
- "Terms &Conditions" means the terms and conditions that we have available on our Website from time to time.
- "Website" means the internet site at the domain at https://clima.com.au or any other site operated by us.
- "we, us or our"means BetaCarbon Pty Ltd (ABN 26 649 985 759), trading as ‘BetaCarbon’, alongwith its associated entities and each of their directors, affiliates or employees.
- "you or your" means any user of the service.